Effective Date: 03/21/2019
We may change this Policy from time to time. Please check the “Effective Date” legend at the top of this page to see when this Policy was last revised. Any changes to this Policy will become effective when we post the revised Policy on the Website.
Within this Policy you will find:
- Who We Are
- How this Policy Applies
- Personal Information We Collect and Use
- Personal Information Automatically Collected
- How We Use your Information
- Sharing of Personal Information Collected
- Third-Party Websites and Services
- Security of Your Personal Information
- Age Verification
- Children’s Privacy
- Your Choices
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Changes to This Policy
- Contact Us
1. Who We Are
In the Policy, the terms “Greenlane”, “we”, “us” or “our” refers to Greenlane Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates including:
- Greenlane Holdings, Inc.
- Warehouse Goods, LLC
- Better Life Holdings LLC
- Aerospaced LLC
- HS Products, LLC
- BioVapor Solutions, Inc.
- Vapeworld Distribution LTD
- GS Fulfillment LLC
- Vibes Holdings LLC
- QD Products LLC
- MSI Imports LLC
Our registered office is Greenlane Holdings, Inc. 1095 Broken Sound Parkway NW #300, Boca Raton, FL 33487.
2. How this Policy Applies
Greenlane owns and operates www.gnln.com, www.vapeworld.com, www.vapeworld.ca, www.vapornation.com, www.ecstacycigarettes.com, www.higherstandards.com, www.aerospaced.com, www.holdyourfire.com, www.vapor.com, www.vapesandparts.com, www.dispensaryservices.com (individually a “Website,” and collectively “Websites”).
This Policy applies to Personal Information you provide to us or that we collect automatically:
- When you visit the Websites, and any other website that links to this Policy;
- Through email, or other electronic communications, telephone inquiries or communications between you and the Website or Greenlane.
3. Personal Information We Collect and Use
In order to offer an enjoyable and premium experience on our Websites, we collect certain information about you, including Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information that specifically identifies you, or when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify, locate or contact you.
3.1 How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information from a variety of ways. Depending on how you use our Website, we collect your Personal Information when you, for example:
- Buy or use any of our products or services;
- Access our Websites and verify your age;
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts, or other services from us;
- Contact us through various channels, or ask for information about a publication, product or service;
- Take part in a content, survey or sweepstakes;
- Visit or browse our Websites;
- Have given permission to other companies to share information about you;
- Where your information is available from another public source; or
- Are the customer of a business that we acquire.
We also collect information from certain organizations, where appropriate and to the extent we have legal grounds to do so. These include third-party advertising, social media platforms, collection agencies, and connected network providers.
3.2 Personal Information You Provide
We collect Personal Information that you provide to us directly, such as:
- Your full name;
- Telephone number;
- Shipping address;
- Payment information (credit or debit card number, name on card, expiration date, CCV code and billing address);
- Account information (including your name and contact details, as well as any account preferences you have created within your account);
- Your date of birth, and other information included in a government-issued identification;
- Transaction history (which shows us products and services you have requested, payments and credits and any returns processed);
- E-mail address (including attached files and other information you provide);
- Location data (for example, a location is derived from your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or data such as a zip code or name of a town or city);
- Your browsing history (if you have given us permission, we may collect the categories of websites you have browsed on your device(s), and use these interests to send you personalized marketing or advertising. You can opt-out of advertising through Cookies); and
- Any other information you voluntarily provide so that we can communicate with you (for example, when you contact us to provide customer feedback).
If you are representing or acting on behalf of a wholesaler, distributor or another third party, we may ask you to provide information related to the company (e.g., company name, store/business address phone and fax number) in conjunction with certain of your Personal Information (e.g., your name).
3.3 Personal Information Collected From Third Parties
We may combine the Personal Information that we have collected about you with other information about you obtained from other sources (both online and offline), such as from third parties and public sources. For example, if you connect with us on social media, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, we may use the platforms’ data analytics and advertising tools to obtain Personal Information about you such as your demographics, interests, location and other characteristics, to use for research and analytical purposes, as well as for targeted or online behavioral advertising on other websites. With your permission, we also may collect and publish any testimonials or other information you have provided on your social media sites to include on our Websites.
We also may collect your Personal Information from companies with whom we have partnered with, such as Indeed or JazzHR, through which you can apply for a job at Greenlane. We may associate this information with other Personal Information you have submitted and that we have collected about you.
4. Personal Information Automatically Collected
4.1 Automated Tracking
In addition to Personal Information, we and our third-party partners, also automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Websites, use our Services, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. This includes your details about which of our e-mails you open, forward, or click, IP address (which is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer), date and time stamps for your Website session; sites visited before and after interacting with our Websites; page views, page navigation, and links that are clicked on our Websites; ad blocker status; and, certain device data (such as operating system type, device type or model, location, browser type and version, user language and other system settings). The information we collect using automated tracking technologies is for our legitimate business purposes, including to prevent fraudulent activity and transactions to protect your privacy.
You can opt out from being tracked by Google Analytics with effect for the future by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your current web browser: click here.
4.3 Web Beacons
We use technology known as web beacons and similar technology to collect web log information. A web beacon is a tiny graphic used on a web page or in an e-mail message designed to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web log information is gathered by the computer that hosts our Websites (called a "webserver”) when you visit our Websites. Web beacons in e-mails help us determine which of our e-mail messages were opened and whether a message was acted upon. They also help us analyze the effectiveness of our web pages by measuring the number of visitors to certain pages of our Websites and how many visitors click on key elements of it.
4.4 Cross-Tracking Devices
Greenlane uses data analytics companies, advertising networks or social media companies, and features offered by Google Analytics services or pixels such as from Facebook and LinkedIn to engage in “cross-device tracking,” which occurs when platforms, publishers, and advertising technology companies try to connect a consumer’s activity across smartphones, tablets, desktop computers and other connected devices. The goal of cross-device tracking is to enable companies to link a consumer’s behavior across devices.
4.5 Social Media Plug-Ins
We use social media plug-ins on our Websites to enable you to easily share information with others. We use the information collected from the plug-ins to learn about your interests and to help us better understand how to serve you. This information may include your preferences about how to contact you, your product preferences, languages, marketing preferences, and some demographic data. These plug-ins may include those from companies like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn. The social media plug-ins may allow these companies to receive directly identifiable Personal Information about you and your visit to our Websites. When you visit our Websites, the operators of the social media plug-ins on our Websites place cookies on your computer that enable them to recognize you on websites belonging to them and their affiliates and partners after you have visited our Websites, or that enable them to add the information collected from your visit to our Websites with your prior activity on those websites. The social media plug-ins collect this information about users whether they specifically interact with the plug-in or not, and it may enable social media companies to share information about your web-browsing navigational information with some of their other users.
Greenlane does not control what information is collected by the social media plug-ins or the information practices adopted by those social media companies. For more information about social plug-ins from social media websites, you should refer to those companies’ privacy and data sharing statements.
5. How We Use Your Information
We may use Personal Information or other non-personally identifiable information collected about you in the following ways:
- When you create an account to become a customer, including to manage any account preferences you have created within your account;
- To verify your age when entering our Websites;
- To process payments and credits, or returns requested, consistent with our applicable return policies;
- To provide you with our Services. For example, we engage third-party service providers to verify your identity. Although we do not store such Personal Information (the third party does), we may need to request it in order to provide you with the Services you request or pay for.
- To identify your preferences so we can tailor our content and Services to your interests;
- To notify you about changes to our Services;
- To operate, maintain, improve, and develop our Services;
- To troubleshoot technical difficulties and errors;
- To add you to our newsletter mailing list, upon your request, in order to send you information and updates about our Services, or subscribe or unsubscribe you to one of our mailing lists upon your request.
- To send you marketing communications and promotional material you have expressly requested, for example, on new products, price discounts or sales.
- When you connect with us via customer feedback and support, this provides us a mechanism to request and receive information from our customers about how we can improve our Services and Website designs;
- When you participate in contests, sweepstakes or other promotions;
- When you submit a press inquiry so that we can assess your inquiry and respond to you.
- When you apply for a job opening. The information you provide may include your resume, cover letter and other data related to your career experience, helping us assess your candidacy to the job opening;
- To engage in online behavioral advertising;
- For internal analytics. Analytics are used, for example, to conduct market research and carry out research and statistical analysis including to evaluate how users use our networks, products and Services, or to frame our marketing campaigns and personalization efforts;
- To manage and secure our Websites, network systems, and other assets, for example, for security protection and fraud prevention;
- To resolve disputes, enforce our policies (including investigation of potential violations thereof), or for law enforcement purposes;
- Otherwise communicate with you to respond to issues and inquiries of all types.
We also may disclose information we collect automatically:
- For the same reasons we might share Personal Information;
- With third party business partners for their own research and analysis; or
- With third-party advertisers or other vendors to place our advertisements on our Websites and on third-party websites, to facilitate targeted content, and to analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements.
6. Sharing of Personal Information Collected
6.1 Limitation on Sharing Personal Information
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone outside Greenlane, and we do not disclose your Personal Information, except as provided in this Policy.
6.2 Other Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information on a need-to-know basis with:
- Third-party vendors and service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include providing inventory and marketing management, applicant/employment mailing services, financial services, age verification services, analytic services or web hosting. This sharing is only done when those entities are performing functions solely on our behalf and they are not permitted to store such information except as needed to perform our work or as required by law;
- We may share your Personal Information or your non-personally identifying information with ad networks for online behavioral advertising purposes;
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, corporate restructuring, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings;
- With your consent, or
- With others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
7. Third-Party Websites and Services
7.1 Links to Other Websites
Our Services may contains links to websites operated by third parties; often provided solely as references to information on topics that may be useful to our Websites users. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Links should be clicked at your own risk.
7.2 Third-Party Practices
We have no control over or responsibility for the privacy practices and content provided by third parties (e.g., social media services, and advocacy platforms) through our Websites. If you provide any information to these third parties, different rules may govern the collection and use of your Personal Information by such third parties. As such, we strongly recommend that you review their privacy policies before providing information to them. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their privacy practices.
7.3 Posting on Social Media and Other Public Areas
Note that when you post content, such as your name, profile, comments, posts and ratings, to any public area of our externally facing platforms, including our social media pages or blogs, this information may be visible to the public. Please keep in mind that if you choose to disclose Personal Information when posting comments or other information or content through Greenlane, this may be collected and used by others, including people outside Greenlane. We will not have any obligations with respect to any information that you post to parts of Greenlane available to others, and recommend that you use caution when giving out Personal Information to others in public forums online or otherwise. We may use this information in our Websites and social media pages along with some of your publicly available Personal Information. We may also share the information you publish with other third parties.
8. Security of Your Personal Information
Your security is a top priority for us. We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of your Personal Information.
The shopping cart information, including any credit card or address information is transmitted to us in a secure way via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer encryption, or SSL, so it cannot be read by others. Please do not provide sensitive personal information to us by e-mail. Additionally, we will never ask for your secure personal or account information by an unsolicited means of communication.
You are responsible for keeping your personal and account information secure and not sharing it with others. In addition, if you are using a shared computer to access the Websites, we recommend that you log out of your account before ending your browser session so that your account will not be used by anyone other than yourself.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information online is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect all information collected through the Services, we cannot completely guarantee the security of your Personal Information collected and/or transmitted through the Services. Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
Of course, if for any reason you cannot access the secure server, or if you are not quite comfortable shopping online at any of our Websites, feel free to place your order with us by telephone at the number listed on our Websites or as provided below.
9. Age Verification
Some of the products that we sell on our Websites are highly regulated and age-restricted. We are required and committed to preventing sales to anyone under the legal purchasing age. We will only send you marketing materials and information that encourage or facilitate a purchase of our products after you have certified that 1) you are of legal purchasing age for the product you wish to purchase, and 2) that you understand that providing false information may constitute a violation of the law.
Before you can make a purchase from a product specific newsletter mailing list, we will verify your age through a non-affiliated third-party service provider to perform an age and identify verification check for adherence to this requirement. We utilize these trusted verification services to verify the information that you provide and ensure that you qualify to access and purchase products from the Website. This process has been developed with your privacy in mind with detailed information neither shared nor accessible.
In some cases, we may require that you provide a government-issued identification (“ID”) or other forms of valid ID. If through the third-party verification service we are not able to verify your age and/or identity, you will be requested to upload a copy of your government ID so that our team can manually verify your date of birth. Photo ID’s are uploaded to our third-party partner’s secure database and we simply process the result that they provide – we do not receive a file with your ID to be stored on our servers or database.
10. Children's Privacy
Our Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 21. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 21 on our Websites. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from an individual under the age of 21, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from individuals under the age of 21, please contact us using the information provided at the “Contact Us” section below.
11. Your Choices
11.1 How to Manage Your Communication Preferences
In an effort to optimize your shopping experience and keep you up to date with the latest products we have to offer, we will occasionally send you marketing material via email. The information we utilize to customize these marketing emails may include your name, email address, shipping address, telephone number and products previously purchased. During the checkout process, you will have the opportunity to opt out of any marketing emails and the ability to opt in/out is always available within your account.
You can stop receiving marketing email communications from us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Unsubscribe".
Note you may not opt out of certain Service-related communications (e.g., account verification communications, transactional communications, or technical and security notices).
You can disable cookies at any time by adjusting your browser settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. Please be aware, however, that if you turn off cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Website’s features.
11.3 DO NOT TRACK
Greenlane does not respond to Do-Not-Track (DNT) signals. However, third parties that have content embedded on our Website such as a social feature or Google Analytics may set cookies on your browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited a specific Greenlane Website from a certain IP address. You can turn on/off the DNT signals following the instructions on your web browser.
11.4 Accessing your Personal Information
You may review and request changes to your contact information or other Personal Information we have on file for you. To review this Personal Information and request changes, please Contact Us.
12. Your California Privacy Rights
12.1 Shine the Light
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the following address: email@example.com
13. Changes to this Policy
We may change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time to reflect the changes in our business and practices. You should review this page periodically as any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted, unless we indicate otherwise in an electronic notification to you. When we change the Policy in a material manner we will let you know and update the date at the top of this page. If you object to any changes, you may close your account or discontinue use of our Websites. Continuing to use our Websites and/or Services after we publish changes to this Policy means that you are consenting to the changes.
14. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also contact any of our Greenlane brands by email, telephone or postal mail: